Saturday, May 3, 2014

Is Jesus God?

After the miraculous resurrection of Jesus Christ in three days as confirmed by the Lord Jesus himself when he said: “Destroy this temple (referring to his own body), and in three days I will raise it up” (John 2:18) is enough evidence that Jesus is God himself. Who else can resurrect the dead except God?

Christ came to the world to reveal the character of the Father and to redeem the fallen race. The world’s Redeemer was equal with God. His authority was as the authority of God. He declared that He had no existence separate from the Father. The authority by which He spoke and wrought miracles was expressly His own, yet He assures us that He and His Father are one (John 10:30).

No man has seen God the Father. When God spoke to Moses as recorded in the Old Testament, he revealed himself through a burning bush (Exodus 3:2-6); only His voice was heard by Moses. In Gen. 1:26, during the creation, the Bible says, “And (the Father) said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: xxx”. Man xxx is the image and glory of God: xxx” (1 Cor. 11:7); Christ who is the image of God xxx”. How does the Lord Jesus Christ look like? He looks like man. In Colossians 1:15, Jesus Christ is described as “the image of the invisible God xxx”.

The Bible records the conversation among Thomas, Philip and the Lord Jesus as follows:
5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.” (John 14:5-11 KJV)

The unbelieving Thomas, when the Lord Jesus Christ appeared to Him showing the imprint of the nails in His hand remarked, “My Lord and my God”.

The glory of the Father was revealed in the Son; Christ made manifest the character of the Father. He was so perfectly connected with God...” that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in Him” (John 10:38 KJV); that He who has seen the Son had seen the Father.

When Jesus spoke as recorded in the canonized Bible, we can be sure that is the truth and nothing but the whole truth. We can rely on His words and His promises that they are the truth and they shall surely come to pass 100%.

If we receive Him by faith (because we can no longer see or talk to Him personally) as our personal Savior, He promised to restore to us the image of God and to redeem our soul which had been lost through sin by his substitutionary death in the cross of calvary.

Jesus Christ himself said: “All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth” (Matt. 28:18), and, moreover, the Bible tells us, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and THE WORD WAS GOD” (John 1:1 KJV), and then it further says, “and the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld [or saw] His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father), full of grace and truth” (John 1:14 KJV). In other words, Jesus Christ is God in the flesh.

Let us be reminded once more by what He said very positively, “I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6). No one goes to heaven unless he passes through or believes by faith on the Lord Jesus Christ as his only Lord and Savior, the King of all kings, the LORD of all Lords. The choice is ours. God will not force us to decide. Whosoever will.

No comments:

Post a Comment