Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pray Fervently And God Will Supply

God, our heavenly father is so good - - very good. His goodness is beyond compare and beyond description in words. Name the best human father you know, but that human father will pale in comparison to the goodness of God. The reason is that God, our heavenly Father, is without limit in power; with him nothing is impossible; and he exists eternally.

The Bible tells us,

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” (Phil. 4:6-7 NLT)

The phrase “as you live in Christ Jesus” is very significant. This simply means, one must have a relation with, or more accurately, must believe in God (Jesus Christ in person) so his prayer will be heard.

He (God) will give us “exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think” (Eph. 3:20). “No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly” (Psalm 84:11). “Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart” (Psalm 37:4). “And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus” (Phil. 4:19). All these verses indicate that one must be a believer of, or must have accepted Jesus Christ as his only Savior, God and Provider.

God can solve every and any problem; He will meet every need; He will even give us our heart’s desires if we please Him. He will give us what we ask for if we have faith in Him and in His power to grant. It is impossible to please God without faith. “Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that there is a God and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him” (Heb. 11:6 NLT). Our God is a God of miracles, and He can supply from some of the most unexpected sources.

There was a time, very recently, that I needed quite a large sum of money to meet my obligations. I already have scraped the bottom, so to speak, but the amount needed was not met. I tried to look at the list of my affluent and generous clients, but I personally was convinced that it is not appropriate for me to “beg” from them to preserve my self-respect and dignity. But I continued praying specifically for my financial need, pouring all my heart. Then, suddenly, from out of the blue sky, so to speak, a client who seldom pays me, recommended to me a rich client from Cotabato City who had a substantial land case in Davao City. Lo and behold, my acceptance fee alone sufficiently met my need.

I have learned that if we will be faithful to God; serve him with delight in the capacity that we are able and gifted; and stay in the center of His will; and specifically ask or pray to Him, He will be faithful to take care of all our need, even many of the things we want. And, the Word of God reminds us, to thank Him in advance even before we receive His positive answer (Phil. 4:6 KJV).

No comments:

Post a Comment